Protocols for Returning to School
Turpin Public School intends to return to school in person on August 27, 2020.
We are constantly evaluating safety protocols that are changing daily just like all aspects associated with COVID – 19. Due to this, we have set forth preliminary guidelines and practices, but our plan will change as needed to reflect our communities standing with the pandemic.
The following are some of the safety precautions:
- No water fountain access.
- Students will be encouraged to bring their own bottles.
- Daily health checks at home.
- Families will be given a short checklist to follow before sending their children to school daily.
- Temperature screening daily for students and staff.
- Students riding the bus will have their temperature checked before getting on the bus.
- Parents are to remain at the bus stop until their child has been checked.
- Only one stop for pickup and delivery of students riding the bus. No alternate stops will be permitted.
- The district encourages parents to bring their children to school instead of riding the bus.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available along with regular hand washing.
- Facilities will be disinfected routinely.
- Staff will be required to wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
- At this time, masks are not required for students; however, they can wear masks if they wish to do so.
- Any student or parent not comfortable with in-person instruction will contact their building principal and will be informed of distance learning options.
- The district encourages all families to have access to wifi services. This will allow our teachers and students to move more efficiently into distance learning if and when necessary.
- All closures will be for the shortest time possible.
- During a campus closure, our educational process will continue with our distance learning plan. Assignments will be due as required by the instructor and grades will be taken.
Turpin schools believes the safest, most productive setting for our students is in the classroom and in our school buildings. We will be taking safety precautions to deal with each specific situation and to maintain a successful educational environment.